Back-end developer for DACE
The Astronomy Department of the University of Geneva invites application for a web back-end developer to work on a project in the domain of exoplanets research.
DACE (Data and Analysis Center for Exoplanets) is a platform of the Swiss National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) PlanetS which aims at federating the Swiss and European expertise in exoplanet research. The DACE platform provides access to a wide range of exoplanet related data through a web portal with state of the art data exchange, visualisation and data analysis tools.
The website is available at: https://dace.unige.ch
The post holder will be working at the Geneva Observatory in a team of computer scientists and astronomers.
Your responsibilities include:
– Continue the development of the DACE website back-end.
– Define and implement database access APIs using ORM and RESTFull concepts. – Participate to the database architecture.
Optionally you will:
– Participate to the design and discussions related to the global architecture of the platform.
Your minimal profile:
– HES Master degree or equivalent.
– Experience in dynamic web site development.
– Strong knowledge in Relational and Non-Relational DBMS (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB). – Good knowledge and experience with Java ORM (Hibernate, OpenJPA or equivalent).
– Strong knowledge in object-oriented programming concepts.
– Main speaking-language: French / English.
– At ease working in a small team composed of computer-scientist and astronomers.
– Interest for astronomy.
Optional but really appreciated points:
What we offer:
- – Working in a young and motivated team on a challenging project, all in a very good atmosphere.
- – The University of Geneva is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its workplace.
Salary: Class 15 or higher (starting at CHF 85K / year), depending on experience.
If you are interested, please send your application with a CV and a motivation letter by e-mail at: email@example.com